Three jobs with highest starting salaries
The Jakarta Post
Choosing a college major can be overwhelming as not every student knows what type of job they want.
Although passion is important, one must also consider the job’s sustainability as well as the salary.
Kompas.com has compiled three bachelor degrees with the highest starting salaries.
Math lovers may want to consider an accounting degree.
According to Salary Survey 2018, which was conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), accountancy is among the best-paying jobs in the United States and United Kingdom.
The survey revealed, as reported by Top Universities, that the starting annual salary for a Bachelor’s degree in the US is US$50,833 per year.
Meanwhile in the UK, accounting graduates can earn around $35,500 annually.
Ask your parents or grandparents, they will agree that the engineering field has a promising future.
In the US, fresh graduates in software engineering can earn around $70,073 per year. Meanwhile, the starting salary for electrical engineers is $67,358.
In the UK, the starting annual salary for a Bachelor’s degree in engineering is $35,550.
The research also revealed that chemical engineering is currently a lucrative field in the UK as graduates can earn around $39,400 annually.
As the digital age is here, IT-related fields have become more lucrative.
The survey discovered that in the US, the starting salary for a computer science graduate is $66,005.
In the UK, computer programming graduates can earn around $43,800 annually. (jes/wng)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says