TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Travel advice doesn't keep tourists from the beaches

  • Andra Wisnu

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Mon, November 3 2008   /  10:27 am

The recent travel warning issued by the Australian government does not seem to have affected holiday-makers, as many popular tourist areas such as Kuta beach remain heavily populated by foreign tourists, Australian and otherwise. According to The Jakarta Post's observation, areas such as Sanur beach and Kuta beach remain inundated by tourists from all over the world. Australian national Angelo Ieraci, 47, who has been in Bali for about a week, said he took the travel warning seriously but insisted on coming to Bali, since he had already made flights and accommodation bookings. "You expect the Australian government to do what they can to protect their people you know, but since I'm already here, I'll leave it up to the Indonesian police", he said while walking along Kuta beach on Sunday. "And I think they got pretty good intelligence on what's ...