The Jakarta Post
MATARAM, West Nusa Tenggara: Electricity blackouts have again plagued Lombok last week — a month after President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono declared a “No Blackout Day” in Mataram on July 27.
State-owned power operator PLN previously promised an end to planned rolling blackouts in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), NTB’s Legal Aid Foundation official Basri Mulyani said.
“This has become a public lie. The President personally attended the declaration ceremony. In fact, power cuts are happening again, right now,” Basri Mulyani added.
He said his office had received complains from residents about the blackouts.
Amrullah, an official of NTB’s PLN office, said that PLN had again started planned rolling power outages due to generator breakdowns last week.
“We have two generators with a capacity of 5 megawatts each at the Ampenan power plant. This has cau...