TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Govt kicks off Cisumdawu toll-road project

  • Nurfika Osman

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Fri, November 30 2012   /  12:30 pm

The government kicked off the first phase of the Cileunyi-Sumedang-Dawuan (Cisumdawu) toll road on Thursday with an investment of Rp 1.02 trillion (US$106.08 million).

The first phase, which will connect Cileunyi and Rancakalong, is expected to be completed in 2014.

Public Works Minister Djoko Kirmanto launched the ground-breaking ceremony, accompanied by West Java Governor Ahmad Heryawan, the ministry’s highway director general, Djoko Murjanto, and Toll Road Regulatory Agency (BPJT) head Ahmad Ghani Ghazali.

“I hope this project will finish on time because it was planned back in 2005 and the contract was signed in November 2011,” Djoko said in a statement sent to The Jakarta Post.

He said that 90 percent of the project would be financed by a soft loan from the Export-Import Bank of China and the remaining 10 percent by the state budget.

He als...