TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

City to build Rp 112 billion water treatment plant

  • Agnes Anya

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Thu, May 26 2016   /  07:44 am

The city administration, through PT Jakarta Utilitas Propertindo (JUP) — a subsidiary of city-owned developer PT Jakarta Propertindo (Jakpro), will build a water treatment plant in Pluit city forest, North Jakarta, to boost clean water supply in the capital.

JUP president director Chairul Hakim said the company had teamed up with water-solution company PT Memiotec Indonesia, which is affiliated with Singapore’s Memiotec, in constructing, as well as operating and maintaining the water treatment plant.

The companies will spend around Rp 112 billion (US$8.16 million) for the project, of which JUP will have a 60 percent share and Memiotec Indonesia the remaining 40 percent.

“Memiotec had taken part in the bidding process, which involved eight companies, before we eventually chose it,” said Chairul after a signing ceremony between Jakpro, Memiotec Indonesia, and ...