House vows to uphold graft courts
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Lawmakers promised Tuesday they would revise a corruption court bill to create independent courts amid public concerns the bill might be used to weaken the country's fight against graft. Activists and experts are worried about two articles in particular. One article designates district court heads to chair regional corruption courts, while another article delegates the authority to select judge...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song