Raids on prostitution merely 'income source for officials'
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The 2004 ruling against prostitution in Bekasi may have noble intentions but only targets sex workers while allowing pimps and clients get away. An official in Bekasi responsible for combating the sex trade said the measure had still been effective in wiping out the "social disease" of prostitution. "There can't be smoke without fire. Our job is to extinguish that fire," head of administrat...
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- Mandalika on its way to become new Bali