A sophistication unfolds in a new dictionary
Nikolaos van Dam
PREMIUM Those who imagine Bahasa Indonesia to be a simple language will soon discover its sophistication if they make a serious effort to get acquainted with its literature and other writings. It may be relatively easy to learn some basic Indonesian, but when it comes to the more sophisticated variety, one is easily confronted with its linguistic complexities. Actually, it is not only foreigners w...
- Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Police declare tougher approach against foreign drug smugglers
- Ruling coalition upbeat about keeping presidential threshold
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers