Securities industry needs a makeover: Brokers
THE JAKARTA POST
PREMIUM The global financial downturn is taking its toll on the securities industry with slower transactions draining revenue, prompting calls for the industry to consolidate to prevent further losses. The government needs to consider implementing a mechanism to reduce the number of companies overall, brokers say. Aviyasa Dwipayana, president director of the country’s largest broker company...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights