Special Report: `Made in China' poses as RI's pride
Rendi A. Witular
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono should actually have shelved his pride when inaugurating the much-hyped Suramadu bridge, as most of the manpower, engineering, financing and raw material came directly from China, which is now in the process of strengthening its grip on the Indonesian economy. Somewhere along the bridge "Made in China" labels may be emblazoned in the structure ...
- The life lessons of ‘Goblin'
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Domestic finance won't cost the Earth
- Mercedes-Benz begins local assembly of CKD E-Class
- Mother of deceased UII student files police report over alleged bullying
- PLN gives Pertamina more time in Java 1 project
- No Thousand Islands resident listening took offense: Ahok's cameraman
- Indonesian seafarer’s death highlights Taiwan interpreter shortage
- Eyewitness refuses to conclude Ahok committed blasphemy
- Newly-wedded Korean idols Rain, Kim Tae Hee arrive in Bali for honeymoon