Special Report: `Made in China' poses as RI's pride
Rendi A. Witular
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono should actually have shelved his pride when inaugurating the much-hyped Suramadu bridge, as most of the manpower, engineering, financing and raw material came directly from China, which is now in the process of strengthening its grip on the Indonesian economy. Somewhere along the bridge "Made in China" labels may be emblazoned in the structure ...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission