Authoritarian religious authority
PREMIUM In recent times, we have seen many issues regarding the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) and its activities, especially relating to the issuing of fatwa or edicts. The newest one is a commercial from a cell phone operator that claims its product is the first "Muslim" phone, which was awarded a recommendation from MUI's fatwa commission. Earlier this year, the MUI issued two fatwa relating to vote ...
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- Maria lashes US Virgin Islands as Puerto Rico prepares for impact
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Brie Larson makes set appearance for ‘Avengers’ movie
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- ‘Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts’ to be screened in 18 countries
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint