Authoritarian religious authority
PREMIUM In recent times, we have seen many issues regarding the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) and its activities, especially relating to the issuing of fatwa or edicts. The newest one is a commercial from a cell phone operator that claims its product is the first "Muslim" phone, which was awarded a recommendation from MUI's fatwa commission. Earlier this year, the MUI issued two fatwa relating to vote ...
- UPDATED: Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Medieval Europe’s ‘divine obsession’ with Indonesian spices
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown