Foreign firms interested in managing islands near Batam
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The Batam Industrial Development Authority (BIDA) is being swamped with plans by foreign investors to manage parts in Riau Islands province. Foreign investors have expressed interest in managing the islands around Batam exclusively for industrial and tourism purposes, but the BIDA says it cannot grant full management rights without undermining its own authority. To date, only one island ...
- UPDATED: Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Medieval Europe’s ‘divine obsession’ with Indonesian spices
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown