When women are banned from wearing trousers
Starting from Jan. 1, 2010, there will be no more women wearing trousers in West Aceh.
West Aceh Regent Ramli MS has signed a bylaw which prohibits women in the regency from wear trousers. To anticipate the huge number of slacks to be cut up by police during raids, the regental administration has prepared around 7,000 long skirts, which will be provided free to those caught wearing trousers.Th...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park