Pearl prices drop, 33 cultivators stop operating
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM As many as 33 out of 36 pearl cultivators and exporters in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) have practically stopped operating this year due to the plummeting price of pearls on the international market as the result of the global financial meltdown. Pearl production has dropped drastically from the average of 1.2 tons annually to only 200 kilograms this year. "Only three companies remain active...
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move
- US golfer Spieth in prime position to win British Open