Pearl prices drop, 33 cultivators stop operating
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM As many as 33 out of 36 pearl cultivators and exporters in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) have practically stopped operating this year due to the plummeting price of pearls on the international market as the result of the global financial meltdown. Pearl production has dropped drastically from the average of 1.2 tons annually to only 200 kilograms this year. "Only three companies remain active...
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- Sleepy driver crashes sports car into Transjakarta lane separator
- Startup investment grows 60 times in five years: Research
- New 'ghost' orchid species discovered on Java
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint