Women, youth and traditional cultures raise their voices
THE JAKARTA POST
PREMIUM The Reform Era that began in 1998 not only resulted in the changing face of government and society, but also swept in fresh air and fresh voices in literature. Most notably, the Indonesian literary world, long dominated by men, has been getting the woman's touch. It was writer Ayu Utami who started the so-called sastrawangi (fragrant literature) movement with her novel Saman, published ...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...