Happy Salma returns to silver screen as prostitute
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Actress Happy Salma is making a comeback to the silver screen, this time as a prostitute.
In the movie 7 Hati 7 Cinta 7 Wanita (Seven Hearts, Seven Love, Seven Women), Happy plays the role of Yanti, a 22-year-old university graduate who becomes a harlot after searching for her identity. To immerse herself in her new character, Happy spent time observing the life of a real prostitute.
“I learned about her emations, her feelings; I observed her body language and how she behaved too,” said Happy during the movie’s workshop, as quoted by newsportal detik.com. “I go all out when playing a character. I always enjoy doing that too,” she added.
Although she plays the role of a prostitute, Happy said she had refused to have any physical contact with the opposite sex, like hugging or kissing, in the movie.
“For me, it’s okay to play a sensual character, but I don’t want to do such scenes,” she said.
In the movie, which will be released in November this year, Happy will play alongside Marcella Zalianty, Olga Lidya and Jajang C. Noer. — JP
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Police satisfied with peaceful anti-Ahok rally
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- House of Representatives remained secure, police chief says
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects