Happy Salma returns to silver screen as prostitute
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Actress Happy Salma is making a comeback to the silver screen, this time as a prostitute.
In the movie 7 Hati 7 Cinta 7 Wanita (Seven Hearts, Seven Love, Seven Women), Happy plays the role of Yanti, a 22-year-old university graduate who becomes a harlot after searching for her identity. To immerse herself in her new character, Happy spent time observing the life of a real prostitute.
“I learned about her emations, her feelings; I observed her body language and how she behaved too,” said Happy during the movie’s workshop, as quoted by newsportal detik.com. “I go all out when playing a character. I always enjoy doing that too,” she added.
Although she plays the role of a prostitute, Happy said she had refused to have any physical contact with the opposite sex, like hugging or kissing, in the movie.
“For me, it’s okay to play a sensual character, but I don’t want to do such scenes,” she said.
In the movie, which will be released in November this year, Happy will play alongside Marcella Zalianty, Olga Lidya and Jajang C. Noer. — JP
- Food that can help your skin heal more quickly
- For train lovers, a bargain 760-km trip may be just the ticket
- BI pushes 'waqf' development as financial welfare instrument
- Ahok still busy on his last day in office
- Ahok sets Jakarta minimum wage at Rp 3.35m
- BREAKING NEWS: Judges sentence Jessica to 20 years in prison
- Indonesia brings home Miss Grand International 2016 title
- 'I don't accept the verdict': Jessica
- Judges find Jessica guilty despite lack of eyewitnesses
- Seeking true happiness through meditation