Nia Ramadhani works for Bakrie family foundation
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Actress Nia Ramadhani has kissed the entertainment industry goodbye in favor of more social activities and a sedate role as a housewife, since she tied the knot with the son of one of the country’s most prominent political figures.
The 20-year-old actress has disappeared from showbiz since marrying Ardi Bakrie, the third son of Golkar leading’s figure Aburizal Bakrie, in April 2010.
“I am now [working] for a social foundation run by the family, which focuses on children,” Nia said as quoted by inilah.com on Monday.
As well as working for the foundation, Nia said she was also focusing on being a good wife to her husband Ardi. — JP
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy