Malnutrition still prevalent in Indonesia
The Jakarta Post
A visit to Pirngadi Hospital in Medan, North Sumatra, shows that malnourishment is still a grave concern in Indonesia.
So far this year, five undernourished children were submitted to the hospital. One died recently.
“Most of the families of undernourished children were in the low-income bracket,” said the hospital’s spokesman, Edison Perangin-angin.
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Supreme Court receives Ahok’s case review petition
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid