Tata returns to Jakarta to walk the runway
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Ardhia Pramesti Regita Cahyani, former wife Hutomo “Tommy” Mandala Putra, the son of the New Order regime ruler, returned to Jakarta to walk on the runway for a batik show.
Tata — her moniker — who after her divorce with Tommy Soeharto, moved to Singapore, was chosen as one of the models for the Danar Hadi fashion show and book launch The Glory of Batik.
“Diana Santoso who is also a good friend, asked me [to be a model]. So I came from Singapore yesterday. I was called to be her model and I agreed,” she said Thursday night as quoted by Kapanlagi.com at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Pacific Place, Jakarta.
“Besides, because [the show is about] batik, and it’s a national asset, I agreed to come,” she said.
Tata who comes from the Mangkunegaran royal family of Surakarta, Central Java, said she liked modern as well as classic batik patterns.
“Every area has its own uniqueness. I plan to take [batik] to Singapore or collaborate with the Indonesian Embassy there [on a Batik project],” she said.
“Promoting and preserving a unique and rich Indonesian heritage needs to be a continuous effort,” said the mother of two. — JP
- Two foreign tourists die in motorcycle accident in Bali
- Man accused of charging illegal fees to former East Timor residents
- LPG explosion in Pizza Hut outlet destroys four buildings
- Victory in sight, Clinton still grapples with negative views
- Jokowi's achievements need closer scrutiny: Indef
- Hong Kong to lure tourists with food festival
- EU supports development of Lake Toba tourism
- Govt urged to pay more attention to farmers' welfare
- Two Malaysians arrested in Batam for suspected human trafficking
- Australian delegation to meet trade minister Monday for meat talks