Tata returns to Jakarta to walk the runway
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Ardhia Pramesti Regita Cahyani, former wife Hutomo “Tommy” Mandala Putra, the son of the New Order regime ruler, returned to Jakarta to walk on the runway for a batik show.
Tata — her moniker — who after her divorce with Tommy Soeharto, moved to Singapore, was chosen as one of the models for the Danar Hadi fashion show and book launch The Glory of Batik.
“Diana Santoso who is also a good friend, asked me [to be a model]. So I came from Singapore yesterday. I was called to be her model and I agreed,” she said Thursday night as quoted by Kapanlagi.com at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Pacific Place, Jakarta.
“Besides, because [the show is about] batik, and it’s a national asset, I agreed to come,” she said.
Tata who comes from the Mangkunegaran royal family of Surakarta, Central Java, said she liked modern as well as classic batik patterns.
“Every area has its own uniqueness. I plan to take [batik] to Singapore or collaborate with the Indonesian Embassy there [on a Batik project],” she said.
“Promoting and preserving a unique and rich Indonesian heritage needs to be a continuous effort,” said the mother of two. — JP
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy