More tourists visit Istiqlal after Obama visit
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: US President Barrack Obama’s visit to Istiqlal Mosque in Central Jakarta last year has apparently inspired many foreign tourists to take a look at Indonesia‘s largest mosque.
Istiqlal management secretary Subandi said recently in Jakarta that Obama had helped promote the mosque as a tourist attraction, with the number of tourists visiting Istiqlal increasing significantly since...
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- BMW ranks first, Subaru rated worst in electric vehicle survey
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems