More tourists visit Istiqlal after Obama visit
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: US President Barrack Obama’s visit to Istiqlal Mosque in Central Jakarta last year has apparently inspired many foreign tourists to take a look at Indonesia‘s largest mosque.
Istiqlal management secretary Subandi said recently in Jakarta that Obama had helped promote the mosque as a tourist attraction, with the number of tourists visiting Istiqlal increasing significantly since...
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- Adelina’s family demands compensation
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- PBB, PKPI ineligible for 2019 elections: KPU