Festival supports local filmmakers
I Wayan Juniartha
The Jakarta Post
On film: A Bali Hindu ritual is performed on Nyepi on March 5.Amid the noisy celebrations of traditional and contemporary performing arts at the recent month-long Bali Arts Festival, one event made its mark in a modest way.
That event was the Bali Documentary Film Festival.
The festival was arguably the first coordinated effort to educate the island’s youth on the importance of do...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain