Who is responsible for ‘Bersiap’?
Calvin Michel Sidjaja
The Jakarta Post
In a surprising turn of events, a court in The Hague in September ordered the Dutch government to pay compensation for victims of Rawagede — an area in Karawang, West Java, where men were killed by Dutch brutality during Indonesia’s battle for independence. The court’s verdict was remarkable as it showed that justice could still be sought even after decades had passed.
The revival of ...
- Garuda Indonesia reigns as world’s best airline cabin crew for fourth consecutive year
- Bali ready for Obama vacation
- Ahok to move back to Cipinang
- Snipers deployed to secure Idul Fitri travelers in East Java
- Government set to revise negative investment list again
- Malang students invent device that pinches butt of drowsy drivers
- Everyone named Bambang invited for 'iftar' today
- Jakarta plans to spend Rp 74 trillion next year
- Golkar supports KPK investigation into cadre's alleged corruption: Setya
- Jokowi celebrates birthday by distributing staple goods to Bogor residents