Who is responsible for ‘Bersiap’?
Calvin Michel Sidjaja
The Jakarta Post
In a surprising turn of events, a court in The Hague in September ordered the Dutch government to pay compensation for victims of Rawagede — an area in Karawang, West Java, where men were killed by Dutch brutality during Indonesia’s battle for independence. The court’s verdict was remarkable as it showed that justice could still be sought even after decades had passed.
The revival of ...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia