Who is responsible for ‘Bersiap’?
Calvin Michel Sidjaja
The Jakarta Post
In a surprising turn of events, a court in The Hague in September ordered the Dutch government to pay compensation for victims of Rawagede — an area in Karawang, West Java, where men were killed by Dutch brutality during Indonesia’s battle for independence. The court’s verdict was remarkable as it showed that justice could still be sought even after decades had passed.
The revival of ...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Authorities finalize legal revisions to relax margin trading
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet