Who is responsible for ‘Bersiap’?
Calvin Michel Sidjaja
The Jakarta Post
In a surprising turn of events, a court in The Hague in September ordered the Dutch government to pay compensation for victims of Rawagede — an area in Karawang, West Java, where men were killed by Dutch brutality during Indonesia’s battle for independence. The court’s verdict was remarkable as it showed that justice could still be sought even after decades had passed.
The revival of ...
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers