Who is responsible for ‘Bersiap’?
Calvin Michel Sidjaja
The Jakarta Post
In a surprising turn of events, a court in The Hague in September ordered the Dutch government to pay compensation for victims of Rawagede — an area in Karawang, West Java, where men were killed by Dutch brutality during Indonesia’s battle for independence. The court’s verdict was remarkable as it showed that justice could still be sought even after decades had passed.
The revival of ...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia