Who is responsible for ‘Bersiap’?
Calvin Michel Sidjaja
The Jakarta Post
In a surprising turn of events, a court in The Hague in September ordered the Dutch government to pay compensation for victims of Rawagede — an area in Karawang, West Java, where men were killed by Dutch brutality during Indonesia’s battle for independence. The court’s verdict was remarkable as it showed that justice could still be sought even after decades had passed.
The revival of ...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE