Troop withdrawal necessary to start peace talks: Komnas HAM
The Jakarta Post
The government must first withdraw its military and police personnel from Papua if it really wants peace talks to start, says the National Commission for Human Rights (Komnas HAM).
Komnas HAM deputy chairman Joseph Stanley Adi Prasetyo said that a troop withdrawal from Papua would be an “important step” to initiating peace talks between the government and local Papuans, arguing that mil...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Three bombs hit capital of Myanmar's Rakhine state
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote