Troop withdrawal necessary to start peace talks: Komnas HAM
The Jakarta Post
The government must first withdraw its military and police personnel from Papua if it really wants peace talks to start, says the National Commission for Human Rights (Komnas HAM).
Komnas HAM deputy chairman Joseph Stanley Adi Prasetyo said that a troop withdrawal from Papua would be an “important step” to initiating peace talks between the government and local Papuans, arguing that mil...
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI
- EDITORIAL: Dualistic authorities in Batam