Arson of Shiite ‘pesantren’, illiteracy and local leaders
The hope that this December will last in peace was shattered by the torching of a Shiite Islamic traditional school in Sampang, Madura, on Thursday. If we ask the opinion of a Jakartan Sunni preacher this Friday, we are very likely to get a negative answer, “It was their own fault. They have established a pesantren in a Sunni area.
“Besides, being a Shiite is a big mistake. The true tea...
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Indonesia's most popular Google searches in 2017 revealed
- 12 parties selected to enter factual verification process
- Indonesia among Asia Pacific countries with slowest internet connection
- 1,000 police officers to guard DWP music festival
- EDITORIAL: Guardians of morality