Chrisye ‘sings’ new song at concert
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Deceased composer and singer Chrisye “sang” a new song composed by Erwin Gutawa last
Saturday during the Chrisye Kidung Abadi 2012 concert.
A special team assembled 246 syllables from the singer’s original voice using a special technology. Gita Gutawa, Erwin’s daughter, wrote the lyrics while Erwin dealt with the accompanying music.
Erwin said he felt guilty because he had been involved in four of Chrisye’s albums, but never actually composed anything for the singer who passed away in 2007.
“To make up for that, we composed the song ‘Kidung Abadi’. And before that, I would like to say, Cris, Chrisye, that voice and that singing, will be with us always,” he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
- South Korea launches second Indonesian submarine
- Indonesia calls for rejuvenated UN for successful SDGs
- PLN upbeat about winning Chevron geothermal bids
- 'Thank you for no more discrimination against Chinese-Indonesians'
- Indonesia, Malaysia eye trade expansion beyond palm oil, petroleum
- Ahok explains to police about religious defamation allegation
- Sampoerna projects 2 percent decline in cigarette sales this year
- Jokowi instructs military, police to eradicate illegal levies
- Local developers to release 'one of the biggest indie game projects'
- Govt sets up special unit to tackle illegal levies