Chrisye ‘sings’ new song at concert
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Deceased composer and singer Chrisye “sang” a new song composed by Erwin Gutawa last
Saturday during the Chrisye Kidung Abadi 2012 concert.
A special team assembled 246 syllables from the singer’s original voice using a special technology. Gita Gutawa, Erwin’s daughter, wrote the lyrics while Erwin dealt with the accompanying music.
Erwin said he felt guilty because he had been involved in four of Chrisye’s albums, but never actually composed anything for the singer who passed away in 2007.
“To make up for that, we composed the song ‘Kidung Abadi’. And before that, I would like to say, Cris, Chrisye, that voice and that singing, will be with us always,” he said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
- Catholic university refuses to remove billboards with hijab-clad student
- Study finds majority of people condemning Ahok's ‘blasphemy’ not well informed
- Indonesia over the moon after $9.4 million win against Churchill
- Muslims lambast Christmas service raid in Bandung
- Public faith in Jokowi remains high despite anti-Ahok movement
- Rachmawati says meetings, cash transfer not evidence of treason
- FUI forces Christian university to drop billboard with hijab-clad student
- Charging-device producer Anker aims to tap Indonesian market
- N.Sumatra dispatches assistance for Aceh earthquake victims
- Bali's Sindhu Market most 'trending' attraction in Southeast Asia