The return of Chinese-Indonesians
The Jakarta Post
Alvin Lie, also known as Lie Ling Po, was a businessman and a lecturer before being elected as a member of the House of Representatives from 1999 to 2009 as a member of the National Mandate Party (PAN).
The 51-year-old said that he decided to get involved in politics because he wanted to participate in solving problems at the grassroots level. His previous position as a businessman might h...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Woman in Banyumas killed by king cobra
- How a woman saves stray dogs in Lombok, alone