The return of Chinese-Indonesians
The Jakarta Post
Alvin Lie, also known as Lie Ling Po, was a businessman and a lecturer before being elected as a member of the House of Representatives from 1999 to 2009 as a member of the National Mandate Party (PAN).
The 51-year-old said that he decided to get involved in politics because he wanted to participate in solving problems at the grassroots level. His previous position as a businessman might h...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia