In Alor, a centuries-old Koran is revered
The Jakarta Post
Ancient text: An 800-year-old Koran in Alor Besar, East Nusa Tenggara. The hand-written Koran, crafted from tree bark, is an historic part of the Islamic culture of Indonesia. (JP/Yemris Fointuna)Alor Besar is a small village in Alor, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT).
It is nestled on the slopes of a hill facing the ocean. Most of its residents earn their livelihoods as farmers or fishermen.
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family