In Alor, a centuries-old Koran is revered
The Jakarta Post
Ancient text: An 800-year-old Koran in Alor Besar, East Nusa Tenggara. The hand-written Koran, crafted from tree bark, is an historic part of the Islamic culture of Indonesia. (JP/Yemris Fointuna)Alor Besar is a small village in Alor, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT).
It is nestled on the slopes of a hill facing the ocean. Most of its residents earn their livelihoods as farmers or fishermen.
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry