City expects low-key Aug. 17 celebration
Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
The celebration of Independence Day is usually marked with fun and games organized by residents in their respective neighborhoods.
But this year, the capital will likely see another quiet celebration of the day as it falls in Ramadhan fasting month and just a few days before Idul Fitri, or Lebaran, when everyone is busy making homecoming plans.
Some neighborhoods try to keep the fes...
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Amnesty highlights sex
- Macron in Russia for high
- Gun control support fades three months after Florida massacre: Poll
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Scientists discover how breast cancer hibernates: Study