City expects low-key Aug. 17 celebration
Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
The celebration of Independence Day is usually marked with fun and games organized by residents in their respective neighborhoods.
But this year, the capital will likely see another quiet celebration of the day as it falls in Ramadhan fasting month and just a few days before Idul Fitri, or Lebaran, when everyone is busy making homecoming plans.
Some neighborhoods try to keep the fes...
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung