Money-driven elections serve to perpetuate corruption: Experts
The Jakarta Post
Political parties are facilitating corruption in the country, with most politicians practicing money politics to get themselves elected, according to political and financial observers.
They said the money-driven nature of electoral campaigns in the country had perpetuated a system where corruption was ubiquitous in politics.
Habibie Center researcher Sumarno estimated that an aspirin...
- Tight security prepared for King Salman’s visit to Bali
- Whale shark dead after being caught up in trawl
- Four must-watch films about North Korea
- Lawmakers to learn about counterterrorism legislation in UK, US
- Jokowi, Turnbull start day with relaxed morning walk around Royal Botanical Gardens
- Six killed in Central Java bus plunge
- Indonesia, Australia want peaceful resolution in settling regional disputes
- House prepares for King Salman's visit
- Kim Jong Nam died within 20 minutes of poisoning: Malaysia
- Divers collect waste in waters around Pramuka Island