Money-driven elections serve to perpetuate corruption: Experts
The Jakarta Post
Political parties are facilitating corruption in the country, with most politicians practicing money politics to get themselves elected, according to political and financial observers.
They said the money-driven nature of electoral campaigns in the country had perpetuated a system where corruption was ubiquitous in politics.
Habibie Center researcher Sumarno estimated that an aspirin...
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Translation more hobby than work for novelist Murakami
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter