Labor-intensive industry gets wage freeze
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Bowing to pressure from businesspeople, the government has decided to allow labor-intensive firms including textile, garment and shoe manufacturers, to seek a delay in raising the minimum wages for their workers.
During a limited Cabinet meeting on Tuesday, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono asked related ministers to provide a mechanism for companies to enjoy a suspension in adopting the n...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash