Michelle Bachelet: Advancing women’s equality
The Jakarta Post
(JP/Wendra Ajistyatama)For some, her name might not be as instantly recognizable as Hillary Clinton, Margaret Thatcher, or Aung San Suu Kyi. But, she is a former president in her home country of Chile — and, before that, the first female head of state in Latin America.
And, nowadays, with her position as the United Nations’ Under-Secretary-General and the UN Women Executive Director, Mi...
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Amnesty highlights sex
- Macron in Russia for high
- Gun control support fades three months after Florida massacre: Poll
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Scientists discover how breast cancer hibernates: Study