‘Ex-barber’ heads up narcotics agency
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Insp. Gen. Anang Iskandar, who claims hairdressing as among the skills on his CV, was sworn in by National Police chief Gen. Timur Pradopo as the new chief of the National Narcotics Agency (BNN) on Tuesday.
“I hope that the BNN under Anang’s leadership will improve its cooperation with people and the government to create a drug-free Indonesia,” Timur said after the swearing-in ceremon...
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official