‘Ex-barber’ heads up narcotics agency
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Insp. Gen. Anang Iskandar, who claims hairdressing as among the skills on his CV, was sworn in by National Police chief Gen. Timur Pradopo as the new chief of the National Narcotics Agency (BNN) on Tuesday.
“I hope that the BNN under Anang’s leadership will improve its cooperation with people and the government to create a drug-free Indonesia,” Timur said after the swearing-in ceremon...
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter