The young Turks vs the old guard
The Jakarta Post
2012 will be remembered by music historians of the future as the year when the local music scene had one of its watershed moments.
The year will go down in the country’s music history as a moment when — quoting Italian Marxist thinker Antonio Gramsci — the old is dying and the new cannot be born. And here we are not even talking about the age-old division of mainstream versus indie. E...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report