The young Turks vs the old guard
The Jakarta Post
2012 will be remembered by music historians of the future as the year when the local music scene had one of its watershed moments.
The year will go down in the country’s music history as a moment when — quoting Italian Marxist thinker Antonio Gramsci — the old is dying and the new cannot be born. And here we are not even talking about the age-old division of mainstream versus indie. E...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain