Angelina’s lenient sentence shows antigraft body’s failure
The Jakarta Post
Antigraft activists decried the lenient jail sentence given to Democratic Party lawmaker Angelina Sondakh, saying the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) needs to strengthen cases against defendants and ensure those convicted of graft get the maximum jail sentence.
The activists lamented the failure of the KPK prosecutors to pursuade the judges to hand down a severe punishment to Angeli...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Hunting for handbags, watches and more at Christie’s
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting