Angelina’s lenient sentence shows antigraft body’s failure
The Jakarta Post
Antigraft activists decried the lenient jail sentence given to Democratic Party lawmaker Angelina Sondakh, saying the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) needs to strengthen cases against defendants and ensure those convicted of graft get the maximum jail sentence.
The activists lamented the failure of the KPK prosecutors to pursuade the judges to hand down a severe punishment to Angeli...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Tech startup Koltiva expands assistance to coffee, oil palm farmers
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth