The battle of the sexes in ‘The Grandmaster’
Adisti Sukma Sawitri
The Jakarta Post
Kung fu masters Ip Man (Tony Leung, center, left) and Gong Er (Zhang Ziyi, center, right) meet at the Golden Pavilion. (Courtesy of China Post/Warner Bros)There is always more than meets the eye to Hong Kong auteur Wong Kar Wai.
In his latest martial arts epic, The Grandmaster, he is less concerned with the linear journey of good and evil than he is viewing kung fu as a way of life, a neces...
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Freeport to issue new shares to meet divestment requirement
- The best airport in the world just got better
- 'Interest groups have played with Novel's case': Activist