The battle of the sexes in ‘The Grandmaster’
Adisti Sukma Sawitri
The Jakarta Post
Kung fu masters Ip Man (Tony Leung, center, left) and Gong Er (Zhang Ziyi, center, right) meet at the Golden Pavilion. (Courtesy of China Post/Warner Bros)There is always more than meets the eye to Hong Kong auteur Wong Kar Wai.
In his latest martial arts epic, The Grandmaster, he is less concerned with the linear journey of good and evil than he is viewing kung fu as a way of life, a neces...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Deputy police chief dies in N. Sumatra speedboat accident