The battle of the sexes in ‘The Grandmaster’
Adisti Sukma Sawitri
The Jakarta Post
Kung fu masters Ip Man (Tony Leung, center, left) and Gong Er (Zhang Ziyi, center, right) meet at the Golden Pavilion. (Courtesy of China Post/Warner Bros)There is always more than meets the eye to Hong Kong auteur Wong Kar Wai.
In his latest martial arts epic, The Grandmaster, he is less concerned with the linear journey of good and evil than he is viewing kung fu as a way of life, a neces...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Chinese giant jumps into $980m power plant, LNG projects