Landslide site unsuitable for settlement
The Jakarta Post
The West Java Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) has declared the location of Monday’s landslide in Nagrok, Cililin district, West Bandung regency, West Java, unsuitable for settlement and has said residents need to be relocated.
“If we don’t relocate the residents, it would be the same as killing them,” BPBD chief Sigit Udjwalprana said on Tuesday at the landslide location.
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health