Citizen journalism: More orangutans become pets
The Jakarta Post
Justice: Animal lovers demonstrate at the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta, calling on the government to protect Orangutans an Indonesian indigenous animal. (JP/Jerry Adiguna)A young orangutan being kept in a sack was rescued recently by the Orangutan Information Centre (OIC), a conservation group working in Sumatra.
The rescue team was accompanied by staff from the Indone...
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam