Citizen journalism: More orangutans become pets
The Jakarta Post
Justice: Animal lovers demonstrate at the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta, calling on the government to protect Orangutans an Indonesian indigenous animal. (JP/Jerry Adiguna)A young orangutan being kept in a sack was rescued recently by the Orangutan Information Centre (OIC), a conservation group working in Sumatra.
The rescue team was accompanied by staff from the Indone...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism
- Transportation Ministry to issue NOTAM for King Salman’s arrival
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer