Citizen journalism: More orangutans become pets
The Jakarta Post
Justice: Animal lovers demonstrate at the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta, calling on the government to protect Orangutans an Indonesian indigenous animal. (JP/Jerry Adiguna)A young orangutan being kept in a sack was rescued recently by the Orangutan Information Centre (OIC), a conservation group working in Sumatra.
The rescue team was accompanied by staff from the Indone...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Thai jungle seen as breeding ground for Indochinese tigers
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Swedish defense firm launches defense studies scholarship
- Parking attendants, city officers arrested for allegedly collecting illegal levies