Amin Abdullah: Popularizing ‘kakula’ globally
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ruslan SangadjiSmall and medium-sized gongs arranged in harmony, popularly known as kakula, is thriving among members of the indigenous Kaili community in Palu, Central Sulawesi, adding color to Indonesia’s multifaceted cultural mosaic.
Commonly played during wedding ceremonies and custom rituals, kakula is part of the gong culture spreading in Southeast Asia from southern Philippines ...
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI