Amin Abdullah: Popularizing ‘kakula’ globally
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ruslan SangadjiSmall and medium-sized gongs arranged in harmony, popularly known as kakula, is thriving among members of the indigenous Kaili community in Palu, Central Sulawesi, adding color to Indonesia’s multifaceted cultural mosaic.
Commonly played during wedding ceremonies and custom rituals, kakula is part of the gong culture spreading in Southeast Asia from southern Philippines ...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Depok aims to certify 500 land plots