Amin Abdullah: Popularizing ‘kakula’ globally
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ruslan SangadjiSmall and medium-sized gongs arranged in harmony, popularly known as kakula, is thriving among members of the indigenous Kaili community in Palu, Central Sulawesi, adding color to Indonesia’s multifaceted cultural mosaic.
Commonly played during wedding ceremonies and custom rituals, kakula is part of the gong culture spreading in Southeast Asia from southern Philippines ...
- Freeport seeks settlement
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani