Amin Abdullah: Popularizing ‘kakula’ globally
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ruslan SangadjiSmall and medium-sized gongs arranged in harmony, popularly known as kakula, is thriving among members of the indigenous Kaili community in Palu, Central Sulawesi, adding color to Indonesia’s multifaceted cultural mosaic.
Commonly played during wedding ceremonies and custom rituals, kakula is part of the gong culture spreading in Southeast Asia from southern Philippines ...
- The life lessons of ‘Goblin'
- Domestic finance won't cost the Earth
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Mercedes-Benz begins local assembly of CKD E-Class
- Mother of deceased UII student files police report over alleged bullying
- Newly-wedded Korean idols Rain, Kim Tae Hee arrive in Bali for honeymoon
- PLN gives Pertamina more time in Java 1 project
- Eyewitness refuses to conclude Ahok committed blasphemy
- No Thousand Islands resident listening took offense: Ahok's cameraman
- Experts weigh in on the right amount of sleep