Hatta better take VP slot: Amien
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Senior politician of the National Mandate Party (PAN) Amien Rais has suggested that party chairman Hatta Rajasa run as the vice presidential candidate in 2014 given the party's low electability rating.
"He [Hatta] is the candidate of PAN. But in politics, you have to be flexible. If PAN gets more than 10 percent of the vote, that will be fine. But if it gets less than that, he should take the vice presidential slot," Amien said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He said that the best possible tickets for Hatta would be that he would be paired with Greater Indonesia Movement (Gerindra) Party chief patron Lt. Gen. (ret) Prabowo Subianto or popular Jakarta Governor Joko "Jokowi" Widodo.
A recent survey by the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) ranked him ninth of all candidates, with support from only 1.2 percent of respondents, far below top-ranking Jakarta Governor Joko Widodo on 22 percent and former general Prabowo Subianto on 14 percent.
You might also like :
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival