Jokowi popularity soaring: survey
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
A new survey by Jakarta-based pollster the United Data Center (PDB) has found that Jakarta Governor Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo is the potential candidate to beat in the 2014 presidential election.
PDB researcher Agus Herta Sumarto said that the electability rating of Jokowi now stood at 36 percent, ahead of his strongest rival Great Indonesia Movement (Gerindra) Party Lt. Gen. (ret) Prabowo Subianto, with 6.6 percent.
In the PDB's earlier survey conducted in January 2013, Jokowi's electability rating was only 1 percent higher than that of Prabowo.
'If a presidential election were to take place today, Jokowi would be the clear winner,' Agus said.
The PDB interviewed more than 500 individuals for the survey in the country's 10 major cities between Sept. 21 and Sept. 24. The survey also found that none of prospective presidential candidates who were now contesting the Democratic Party convention could compete with Jokowi.
'Even the convention's most popular candidate Dahlan Iskan is way behind Jokowi,' Agus said, adding that the electability rating for Dahlan was 5 percent.
You might also like :
- Ahok’s loss may lead to Cabinet shake-up
- EA leaks more info on upcoming ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’
- Exhibition to showcase Indonesian cultural heritage for UNESCO list opened
- INSIGHT: Plight of international refugees
- City Hall adorned with wreaths thanking Ahok-Djarot
- Indonesian delegation to embark on series of high-impact visits this week
- EDITORIAL: Love our Earth
- 34th Anniversary: May we grow and bloom together
- BTS wins 9th Shorty Awards
- Jokowi uses social media to engage young Indonesians