Fire guts warehouse in Kendal
The Jakarta Post
A warehouse full of raw materials for textiles belonging to factory PT Asia Pasific Fiber (APF) caught fire on Sunday. The blaze was said to have been started by a short circuit.
The fire broke out at around 6 a.m. local time on Sunday and destroyed all the materials and machines stored in the warehouse, located in Nolokerto village, Kaliwungu district, Kendal, Central Java. No injuries or fatalities were reported.
Slamet, a villager, said he and a number of his neighbors saw thick smoke billowing from the factory on Sunday morning. 'We went to the location and found that the warehouse was burning,' he said.
Security guards demolished a part of the warehouse to contain the fire and prevent it from jumping to other buildings.
Five fire vehicles were dispatched to the scene. The financial loss caused by the fire was predicted to reach billions of rupiah.
Kaliwungu police chief AKP Andhika Pratama said the cause of the fire was not yet conclusive. "Police are still investigating the case," he said. The APF management declined to comment on the incident. (ebf)
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses