Fire guts warehouse in Kendal
The Jakarta Post
A warehouse full of raw materials for textiles belonging to factory PT Asia Pasific Fiber (APF) caught fire on Sunday. The blaze was said to have been started by a short circuit.
The fire broke out at around 6 a.m. local time on Sunday and destroyed all the materials and machines stored in the warehouse, located in Nolokerto village, Kaliwungu district, Kendal, Central Java. No injuries or fatalities were reported.
Slamet, a villager, said he and a number of his neighbors saw thick smoke billowing from the factory on Sunday morning. 'We went to the location and found that the warehouse was burning,' he said.
Security guards demolished a part of the warehouse to contain the fire and prevent it from jumping to other buildings.
Five fire vehicles were dispatched to the scene. The financial loss caused by the fire was predicted to reach billions of rupiah.
Kaliwungu police chief AKP Andhika Pratama said the cause of the fire was not yet conclusive. "Police are still investigating the case," he said. The APF management declined to comment on the incident. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Disney delights 'Star Wars' devotees at CinemaCon
- EDITORIAL: Thank you for 35 years
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Foreign workers' regulation to improve investment climate: Minister
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- 'Handmaid's Tale' returns to television, darker and more chilling
- Anies urged to revoke land certificates used to claim Pari Island