Fire guts warehouse in Kendal
The Jakarta Post
A warehouse full of raw materials for textiles belonging to factory PT Asia Pasific Fiber (APF) caught fire on Sunday. The blaze was said to have been started by a short circuit.
The fire broke out at around 6 a.m. local time on Sunday and destroyed all the materials and machines stored in the warehouse, located in Nolokerto village, Kaliwungu district, Kendal, Central Java. No injuries or fatalities were reported.
Slamet, a villager, said he and a number of his neighbors saw thick smoke billowing from the factory on Sunday morning. 'We went to the location and found that the warehouse was burning,' he said.
Security guards demolished a part of the warehouse to contain the fire and prevent it from jumping to other buildings.
Five fire vehicles were dispatched to the scene. The financial loss caused by the fire was predicted to reach billions of rupiah.
Kaliwungu police chief AKP Andhika Pratama said the cause of the fire was not yet conclusive. "Police are still investigating the case," he said. The APF management declined to comment on the incident. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Locals traumatized after farmer eaten by snake
- Riau Police dispatch personnel to secure 313 rally
- Apple’s first R&D center to operate in second quarter
- NU, Muhammadiyah call on members to avoid 313 rally
- Thousands to hit capital for anti-Ahok rally on Friday
- KPU Jakarta head denies special relationship with Anies
- Woman tries to bring bayonet into courtroom for Ahok trial
- Indonesia-European trade talks on track; to conclude this year
- Jokowi and Hollande did not discuss death penalty: Foreign Minister
- Money, personal grudge thought to be behind murder of Medan journalist