Fire guts warehouse in Kendal
The Jakarta Post
A warehouse full of raw materials for textiles belonging to factory PT Asia Pasific Fiber (APF) caught fire on Sunday. The blaze was said to have been started by a short circuit.
The fire broke out at around 6 a.m. local time on Sunday and destroyed all the materials and machines stored in the warehouse, located in Nolokerto village, Kaliwungu district, Kendal, Central Java. No injuries or fatalities were reported.
Slamet, a villager, said he and a number of his neighbors saw thick smoke billowing from the factory on Sunday morning. 'We went to the location and found that the warehouse was burning,' he said.
Security guards demolished a part of the warehouse to contain the fire and prevent it from jumping to other buildings.
Five fire vehicles were dispatched to the scene. The financial loss caused by the fire was predicted to reach billions of rupiah.
Kaliwungu police chief AKP Andhika Pratama said the cause of the fire was not yet conclusive. "Police are still investigating the case," he said. The APF management declined to comment on the incident. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Demian's 'buried alive Judge Cuts act' YouTube Trending
- Collusion reappears between Jakarta Council, administration after Ahok’s departure: Expert
- Mahathir defends his treatment of Anwar in 1998
- ASEAN a success story of integration
- Election law should not exist: Expert
- Railway director general removed from office
- Philippine bank executive arrested for fraud
- White House spokesman, Trump legal aide quit as Russia probe deepens
- ‘Game of Thrones’ language course offered online, and for free