Sight: Shakespeare in Badung -“A British theatrical group performs in a Balinese village”
Words and Photos Luhde Suriyani
It was not a cold, foggy British night. Instead, it was a humid, tropical night. Not the kind of weather Shakespeare experienced when he wrote those powerful plays that continue to entertain the world centuries after he passed away.
Yet, on that humid tropical night, one of his plays was about to be performed at a community hall in Abiansemal Dauh Yeh Cani village in Badung. It is a village...
- OK Otrip opposed by minivan operators
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- Men treated as dogs and pigs in Paris catwalk shows
- Woody Allen backlash grows as daughter says telling 'truth'
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3