Sight: Shakespeare in Badung -“A British theatrical group performs in a Balinese village”
Words and Photos Luhde Suriyani
It was not a cold, foggy British night. Instead, it was a humid, tropical night. Not the kind of weather Shakespeare experienced when he wrote those powerful plays that continue to entertain the world centuries after he passed away.
Yet, on that humid tropical night, one of his plays was about to be performed at a community hall in Abiansemal Dauh Yeh Cani village in Badung. It is a village...
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Divers clean up Bali reefs