Sight: Shakespeare in Badung -“A British theatrical group performs in a Balinese village”
Words and Photos Luhde Suriyani
It was not a cold, foggy British night. Instead, it was a humid, tropical night. Not the kind of weather Shakespeare experienced when he wrote those powerful plays that continue to entertain the world centuries after he passed away.
Yet, on that humid tropical night, one of his plays was about to be performed at a community hall in Abiansemal Dauh Yeh Cani village in Badung. It is a village...
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Central government certifies islets C and D
- Holidaying Malaysian students rapped for bad behavior in Japan