Sight: Shakespeare in Badung -“A British theatrical group performs in a Balinese village”
Words and Photos Luhde Suriyani
| Thu, June 30 2016 | 11:14 am
PREMIUMIt was not a cold, foggy British night. Instead, it was a humid, tropical night. Not the kind of weather Shakespeare experienced when he wrote those powerful plays that continue to entertain the world centuries after he passed away.
Yet, on that humid tropical night, one of his plays was about to be performed at a community hall in Abiansemal Dauh Yeh Cani village in Badung. It is a village...
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Light cigarettes linked to specific form of lung cancer
- EDITORIAL: In step with the Nazis?
- Ahok resigns as Jakarta governor
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- Portrait of Myanmar's 'Buddhist Bin Laden' chills Cannes
SE AsiaLawmakers told to stay in Manila for martial law review
Hendri Yulius Writer of Coming Out and a lecturer of gender and sexuality studies
Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
LifeIndonesia's 'Marlina the Murderer' graces Cannes red carpet
TravelTourism Ministry holds homestay management training in NTB