Sight: Shakespeare in Badung -“A British theatrical group performs in a Balinese village”
Words and Photos Luhde Suriyani
It was not a cold, foggy British night. Instead, it was a humid, tropical night. Not the kind of weather Shakespeare experienced when he wrote those powerful plays that continue to entertain the world centuries after he passed away.
Yet, on that humid tropical night, one of his plays was about to be performed at a community hall in Abiansemal Dauh Yeh Cani village in Badung. It is a village...
- Three dead, 20 injured in pileup in Puncak
- Italian woman saves money for 2 years to marry Indonesian villager
- Arrested Chinese ship flees Navy guard
- Interpol-listed fugitive arrested in Bali to be deported soon
- House urged to immediately pass election bill into law
- Vocational education key to competing globally: Minister
- Silicon Valley's $400 juicer may be feeling the squeeze
- Police shooting victims treated at Mimika Hospital
- Govt launches vocational education program for C. Java, Yogyakarta
- Remittances to developing countries fall in 2016, Indonesia worse