Sight: Shakespeare in Badung -“A British theatrical group performs in a Balinese village”
Words and Photos Luhde Suriyani
It was not a cold, foggy British night. Instead, it was a humid, tropical night. Not the kind of weather Shakespeare experienced when he wrote those powerful plays that continue to entertain the world centuries after he passed away.
Yet, on that humid tropical night, one of his plays was about to be performed at a community hall in Abiansemal Dauh Yeh Cani village in Badung. It is a village...
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade