Tax amnesty approval generates positive response: BI
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) has noted a generally positive response to the recent approval of the Tax Amnesty Law and the State Budget Revision by the House of Representatives and the government.
The passage of the tax amnesty bill into law has managed to help the rupiah appreciate, BI Governor Agus Martowardojo said on Monday.
The rupiah exchange rate was quoted at Rp 13,099 per US dollar on Monday, an increase of 0.61 percent (81 points).
Investors are also becoming increasingly optimistic following the law’s approval in June and the agreement between the government and the House to approve the 2016 State Budget Revision, he added.
"We are also able to maintain the inflation rate and the current account. The approval of the Tax Amnesty Law and State Budget Revision has brought confidence," Agus said at the State Palace on Monday.
As of June 24, Agus said the central bank had recorded Rp 97 trillion (US$7.37) in capital inflows, jumping up Rp 40 trillion compared to the same period of last year, which was listed at Rp 57 trillion.
Following Britain’s decision to leave the European Union, funds flowed to the United States and Japan, causing both currencies to appreciate while other currencies declined. (bbn)
You might also like :
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion