UN to grill RI on rising rights abuses
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
The government is expected to have a hard time defending its human rights record in front of the UN Human Rights Council’s (UNHRC) upcoming Universal Periodic Review (UPR) after a group of civil society organizations submitted a condemnatory report to the UN.
The group, consisting of human rights organizations such as the Human Rights Working Group (HRWG) and the Institute for Criminal Ju...
- Scientists may have found a cause of dyslexia
- Google Maps expands solar system feature
- Army planned to overthrow Sukarno in 1965: US declassified files
- Malaysian actor jailed for 11 years for smuggling meth to Medan
- Indonesia, Qatar to set up business council
- 3 killed, two wounded in Maryland shooting, gunman flees
- Philippine woman who died in S. Jakarta known as a lecturer
- Commentary: The 'non-pribumi' Anies Baswedan is my governor now
- Ed Sheeran cancels Asia tour dates after cycling accident
- Kalla rejects idea of police anticorruption squad