UN to grill RI on rising rights abuses
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
The government is expected to have a hard time defending its human rights record in front of the UN Human Rights Council’s (UNHRC) upcoming Universal Periodic Review (UPR) after a group of civil society organizations submitted a condemnatory report to the UN.
The group, consisting of human rights organizations such as the Human Rights Working Group (HRWG) and the Institute for Criminal Ju...
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless