Six ferries prepared for holiday season in East Nusa Tenggara
The Jakarta Post
The Kupang branch of state-owned ship operator PT Pelayaran Nasional Indonesia (Pelno) has prepared six ferries to accommodate the flow of passengers during the Christmas and New Year’s holidays in East Nusa Tenggara.
Six vessels were prepared to transport travelers during the holiday season, Kupang Pelni office head Ishak Gerald said. KM Umsini, KM Lambelu and KM Bukit Siguntang have a capacity of 2,000 people each, KM Sirimau and KM Awu have a capacity of 1,000 people and KM Wilis has a 500-person capacity.
At least 1,000 passengers have departed from Tenau Kupang Port since the holiday exodus began on Monday.
“We expect the peak of the exodus to fall on Saturday,” Ishak said on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, El Tari International Airport spokesman Kadir Usman said that extra flights were prepared to serve domestic and overseas flights to neighboring country Timor-Leste. Nine extra flights were prepared by airliners Garuda Indonesia, NAM Air and chartered aircraft Timor Air for the holiday season. The El Tari airport, located in Kupang, regularly serves 70 flights to various destinations. (vla/rin)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’