Jakarta velodrome available for commercial use
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta International Velodrome in Rawamangun, East Jakarta, will be available for commercial use as the 2018 Asian Games have ended, Iwan Takwin, the director of the velodrome, has said.
Iwan, who is also the project director of Jakarta Propertindo (PT Jakpro), the regional-owned developer that built the velodrome, said the cycling track arena was designed to also function as a venue for events.
“The velodrome was designed not only for cycling track. It can be used for other activities besides sporting events,” Iwan said as quoted by kompas.com on Tuesday.
PT Jakpro and the Jakarta government, Iwan said, were in talks to determine the rent price and business scheme.
“The initial gubernatorial decree only regulated the construction [of the velodrome]. It has to be revised to add management regulations,” he said.
The velodrome is said to be the best of its kind in Asia. It was built for the 2018 Asian Games. (gis)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow