Jakarta velodrome available for commercial use
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta International Velodrome in Rawamangun, East Jakarta, will be available for commercial use as the 2018 Asian Games have ended, Iwan Takwin, the director of the velodrome, has said.
Iwan, who is also the project director of Jakarta Propertindo (PT Jakpro), the regional-owned developer that built the velodrome, said the cycling track arena was designed to also function as a venue for events.
“The velodrome was designed not only for cycling track. It can be used for other activities besides sporting events,” Iwan said as quoted by kompas.com on Tuesday.
PT Jakpro and the Jakarta government, Iwan said, were in talks to determine the rent price and business scheme.
“The initial gubernatorial decree only regulated the construction [of the velodrome]. It has to be revised to add management regulations,” he said.
The velodrome is said to be the best of its kind in Asia. It was built for the 2018 Asian Games. (gis)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- Okky Madasari unearths hidden tales of Indonesia in 'Mata' series
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world