Fashion carnival returns to Jember
Entering its 16th year, the famed Jember Fashion Carnival (JFC) is currently holding JFC 2017 in Jember, East Java.
The event has 10 unique themes that represent the journey of JFC in achieving international recognition, namely Sriwijaya Empire, Bali, King of Papua, Mystical Toraja, Siger Crown Lampung, Borneo, Chronicle of Borobudur, Mythical Toraja, Wonderful of Betawi and Unity in Diversity.
JFC president Dynand Fariz said the carnival group is the third best in the world after NottingHill from United States and Reunion from France.
The event’s main show is slated on Aug. 13. Both Tourism Minister Arief Yahya and President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo are expected to attend.
Entering its third day, JFC 2017 holds Artwear Carnival showcasing an array of exotic winter wardrobe, “This is a combination between fashion and accessories, a new initiative from this year’s JFC,” Dynand said.
Participants of Artwear Carnival have to walk along a 1.5-kilometer runway that begins at the Jember Square and finishes at Lippo Plaza Jember.
The event is also throwing Wonderful Archipelago Carnival Indonesia initiated by Indonesian Carnival Association and joined by three neighboring regencies: Bondowoso, Situbondo and Lumajang. (kes)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- Dangdut singer partners with Tourism Ministry to launch new cake brand
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day