Fashion carnival returns to Jember
Entering its 16th year, the famed Jember Fashion Carnival (JFC) is currently holding JFC 2017 in Jember, East Java.
The event has 10 unique themes that represent the journey of JFC in achieving international recognition, namely Sriwijaya Empire, Bali, King of Papua, Mystical Toraja, Siger Crown Lampung, Borneo, Chronicle of Borobudur, Mythical Toraja, Wonderful of Betawi and Unity in Diversity.
JFC president Dynand Fariz said the carnival group is the third best in the world after NottingHill from United States and Reunion from France.
The event’s main show is slated on Aug. 13. Both Tourism Minister Arief Yahya and President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo are expected to attend.
Entering its third day, JFC 2017 holds Artwear Carnival showcasing an array of exotic winter wardrobe, “This is a combination between fashion and accessories, a new initiative from this year’s JFC,” Dynand said.
Participants of Artwear Carnival have to walk along a 1.5-kilometer runway that begins at the Jember Square and finishes at Lippo Plaza Jember.
The event is also throwing Wonderful Archipelago Carnival Indonesia initiated by Indonesian Carnival Association and joined by three neighboring regencies: Bondowoso, Situbondo and Lumajang. (kes)
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- YouTuber produces romantic comedy that draws on Javanese roots
- Emirates to launch new Dubai-Bali-Auckland service
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters