Australia opens education corner at Bina Nusantara University
The Jakarta Post
The Australian Embassy in Jakarta launched a new education information center, namely the #AussieBanget corner, at Bina Nusantara University’s (Binus) Anggrek campus in West Jakarta on Thursday.
The small corner located inside Binus Anggrek’s library features books, a television and computers that may be utilized to look for information about studying in Australia.
Paul Grigson, Australian ambassador to Indonesia, said the place was created to encourage Indonesian students to pursue Australian education by providing relevant information.
“We want to remain the number one [studying abroad destination choice by Indonesian students]. That is why we are going to continue conveying the benefits of studying with us in Australia,” Grigson said.
Karen Imam, international director of Binus Global, hopes the corner helps in forming students’ mindsets, “We hope this corner will help in expanding their perspectives." She also stated that the creation of the #AussieBanget corner was in line with Binus’ curriculum, which requires its students to experience at least one international activity, be it in the form of attending a guest lecture or even studying abroad before they graduate.
Karen also added that the corner would also be utilized to hold future Australian-related activities on campus.
Following the establishment of its first corner at the Binus Anggrek campus, an #AussieBanget corner is also expected to be built in other cities in Indonesia, such as in Makassar, Bali, Surabaya, Medan and Malang. (asw)
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- Portrait of Myanmar's 'Buddhist Bin Laden' chills Cannes
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- Officers hit by suicide bomb guarding pre-Ramadhan parade: Police