Directorate General of Post and Informatics holds letter-writing competition
The Jakarta Post
The Directorate General of Post and Informatics Resources and Facilities is currently holding the 2018 National Letter-Writing Competition for Young People.
The official announcement, describes the competition as part of the 2018 International Letter-Writing Competition for Young People, an annual event hosted by the Universal Postal Union (UPU).
Themed “Imagine you are a letter traveling through time, what message do you wish to convey to your readers?”, the competition seeks original letters on universal values, such as humanity, environmental preservation, tolerance, friendship, science and technology as well as health and culture.
The competition is open for children up to 15 years of age. Those wanting to participate need to submit their letters before March 12.
The letters should not exceed 1,000 words and can be written in either Indonesian or English.
The winner is entitled to Rp 12,000,000 (US$878) and will be entitled to participate at the international level. (jes/wen)
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study