Directorate General of Post and Informatics holds letter-writing competition
The Jakarta Post
The Directorate General of Post and Informatics Resources and Facilities is currently holding the 2018 National Letter-Writing Competition for Young People.
The official announcement, describes the competition as part of the 2018 International Letter-Writing Competition for Young People, an annual event hosted by the Universal Postal Union (UPU).
Themed “Imagine you are a letter traveling through time, what message do you wish to convey to your readers?”, the competition seeks original letters on universal values, such as humanity, environmental preservation, tolerance, friendship, science and technology as well as health and culture.
The competition is open for children up to 15 years of age. Those wanting to participate need to submit their letters before March 12.
The letters should not exceed 1,000 words and can be written in either Indonesian or English.
The winner is entitled to Rp 12,000,000 (US$878) and will be entitled to participate at the international level. (jes/wen)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Gay couple arrested in Bandung as anti-LGBT wave grips W. Java
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- Trump: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi death credible, 'important first step'
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Extend odd-even policy
- Plastic piling up in Japan after China waste ban: Survey