Directorate General of Post and Informatics holds letter-writing competition
The Jakarta Post
The Directorate General of Post and Informatics Resources and Facilities is currently holding the 2018 National Letter-Writing Competition for Young People.
The official announcement, describes the competition as part of the 2018 International Letter-Writing Competition for Young People, an annual event hosted by the Universal Postal Union (UPU).
Themed “Imagine you are a letter traveling through time, what message do you wish to convey to your readers?”, the competition seeks original letters on universal values, such as humanity, environmental preservation, tolerance, friendship, science and technology as well as health and culture.
The competition is open for children up to 15 years of age. Those wanting to participate need to submit their letters before March 12.
The letters should not exceed 1,000 words and can be written in either Indonesian or English.
The winner is entitled to Rp 12,000,000 (US$878) and will be entitled to participate at the international level. (jes/wen)
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech