EDITORIAL: Cementing options for people
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Opposition to government policies is normal in a democracy like Indonesia, where setting public policy even at the lowest, subdistrict level involves consulting with people as the most affected party. Consultation definitely has its limits, but wisdom does not, in particular if a policy could harm not only the people but also nature, as in the case of the controversial plan to build a cement facto...
You might also like :
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president